Living in Queensland, it’s easy to use a good deal of electricity, especially on cooling, and that’s the reason why thanks to Iselect we’ve compiled the top 5 ways to save money on your electricity bill. Lowering your energy intake means not only more money in your pocket, but also a reduced impact on our beautiful environment. You can also compare our range of energy plans with iSelect.
When you’re going to use an appliance, it is better to ask yourself whether there’s a lower energy choice you might be using? Here is a few more tips, summarised in the Iselect website, for conserving electricity in your appliances:
- Dry your clothes on the line since there’s not any lack of sunlight in Queensland!
- When you’ve got another refrigerator, only turn it on if it is needed and set the refrigerator’s temperature to between 3 degrees and 5 degrees. For freezers, place them between -15 degrees and -18 degrees. If they’re put any lower than that and you’ll use around 5 percent more energy.
- Check if your refrigerator door is sealed correctly by putting a strip of paper between the door and the refrigerator. If the paper can be pulled out easily, it may be time to get a new seal.
- Turn off tiny appliances, like kettles and toasters, once you’re not using them.
- Attempt to do your ironing in massive batches — that way you won’t waste energy heating and reheating your iron every time. Just make sure that the dishwasher is full before you place a load on.